It's Time To Put The Soda Down
We all now it's bad for us and we shouldn't drink it but many times we do anyway. Here's a look at just some of the reasons to put the soda down. So grab a water, take a few minutes and walk away from the soda.
The studies are out there and there are tons of them. The bottom line is that soda is just bad for us. We have even seen people clean off the corrosion off of car batteries with soda, check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjV9gz-e2ng
So if that's not a good enough reason to convince you, here are a few more...
- A study from the Harvard Medical School showed a link with diet soda and a increased of double for the risk of decline in kidney fuction.This study was done over an 11 year period and included over 3,000 people.
- A 20oz bottle of Coke has 240 empty calories of no nutritional value and 17 teaspoons of sugar! Soda is a major contributing factor with obesity as well as other heath related risks in children and adults.
- Drinking 1-2 sugary drinks per day can increase your risk for type 2 diabetes by up to 25%.
- Government conducted studies caused cancer in lab rats/mice due to the artificial brown coloring in sodas. A chemical reaction that occurs when the coloring is created causes the formation of 2-methylimidazole and 4-methylimidazole. The artificial brown coloring has also been linked to an increased risk of vascular problems.
- Daily soda intake can cause an increased risk of heart disease in men by 20%.
- A study done by researchers at Tufts University found that women who drank 3 or more sodas per day had a 4% lower rate of bone density in their hips. Low bone density can lead to higher risk for fractures and other health related problems.
- A study done at Bangor University in England found that drinking 140 grams of sugar every day for 4 weeks caused a change in participants metabolism. 140 grams of sugar is less than what is in 2, 20oz bottles of coke. The change in metabolism made it more difficult for participants to burn body fat and lose weight. Consuming soda daily has been shown to increase waist size by 500% compared to those who did not drink soda.
- Over 2,500 people took part in a study that saw a higher prevalence of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease with people who reported drinking more than one sugar sweetened drinks or sodas per day compared to those who did not.
There are many more studies and reports out there and these just scratch the surface of reasons as to why not to drink soda. Even with all this information out there, people still decide to drink soda every day. Some claim that sugar is powerfully addictive, even as addictive as cocaine. Although that might not be 100%, we do use sugar as part of function in our body as well as brain function. Cravings can be powerful and had to kick. Start slow and cut back slowly. For someone drinking 3 or more sodas per day, you might start by cutting it in half and slowly decrease over a month or so. This will help you to be more successful in the long term vs quitting cold turkey.
If you are still struggling with were to start, you can email us at email@example.com or call 856-396-3111. We are here to help and can put a plan together to get you were you want to be. With a strong support system and a coach you can be successful.